October 26, 2020
October 27, 2020
The IEEE Signal Processing Society (SPS) is launching PROGRESS – an initiative aiming to
motivate and support women and under-represented minorities to pursue academic careers
in signal processing. Attendance is by application only. Graduate students who are women
or underrepresented minorities interested in academic careers in signal processing or related
fields are eligible to apply.
Highlights of the workshop include:
• An inspirational talk by Prof. Mary (Missy) Cummings, faculty of ECE at Duke University,
leading researcher in human-robot interaction and one of the U.S. Navy’s first female fighter
• Professional training on concepts and tools to support career success, including networking
and general information from the negotiation literature. Live question and answer sessions
will be used for interaction with participants and discussion about how to apply the general
concepts to specific country and cultural settings.
• Panel of high profile academics from around the world discussing the faculty hiring process in
• Panel of funding agencies.
• Talks presenting the latest education trends.
• Panel of diversity faculty from around the world sharing experiences.
Deadline for Application Submission: OCTOBER 14, 2020
Acceptance Notification: OCTOBER 21, 2020